- Ph.D., 2001, Chemical Engineering, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
- M.S., 1995, Chemical Engineering, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM, USA
- B.Tech., 1993, Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai, India
- S.S. Prakash, L.F. Francis and L.E. Scriven, "Microstructure Evolution in Dry-Wet Cast Polysulfone Membranes by Cryo-SEM: A Hypothesis on Macrovoid Formation," J. Membrane Science, 313:1-2, (2008), 135-157. Erratum: 320:1-2, (2008), 557.
- S.S. Prakash, L.F. Francis and L.E. Scriven, "Microstructure Evolution in Dry Cast Cellulose Acetate Membranes by Cryo-SEM," J. Membrane Science, 283:1-2, (2006), 328-338.
- S.S. Prakash, C.J. Brinker, A.J. Hurd and S.M. Rao, "Silica Aerogel Films at Ambient Pressure via Surface Derivatization and Reversible Drying Shrinkage," Nature, 374, (1995), 439-443.439-443. Erratum: 375, (1995), 431.
- C.J. Brinker and S.S. Prakash, "Ambient Pressure Process for Preparing Aerogel Thin Films / Reliquified Sols Useful in Preparing Aerogel Thin Films," US Patent SN 5,948,482, (1999).
- Full list of publications may be found here.