Cell & Molecular Biotechnology
Cell & Molecular Biotechnology takes advantage of Hopkins' world-renowned strengths in the biological sciences and medicine, and its proximity to several major national research centers. Our faculty collaborate with research groups from other departments and institutions as well as biotechnology companies in the Baltimore-Washington area. Faculty research interests encompass areas in genomic and protein engineering, stem cell research and cell engineering.
- S.I. Fraley, Y. Feng, G.D. Longmore, and D. Wirtz, "Dimensional and temporal controls of cell migration by zyxin and binding partners in three-dimensional matrix", Nature Communications 3:719-731 (2012)
- B. Chaikind, K. P. Kilambi, J. J. Gray, and M. Ostermeier. (2012) "Targeted DNA methylation using an artificially bisected M.HhaI fused to zinc fingers." PLoS One 7(9), e44852
- D. Wirtz, K. Konstantopoulos, and P.C. Searson, “Physics of cancer: the role of physical interactions and mechanical forces in cancer metastasis”, Nature Reviews Cancer 11: 512-522 (2011)
- S. I. Fraley, Y. Feng, D.H. Kim, A. Celedon, G.D. Longmore, and D. Wirtz, “The distinctive role of focal adhesion proteins in three-dimensional cell motility”, Nature Cell Biology 12: 598-604 (2010)
- C. M. Wright, R. C. Wright, J. R. Eshleman, and M. Ostermeier. (2011) "A protein therapeutic modality founded on molecular regulation." PNAS, 108, 16206-16211.
- R. A. Heins, J. H. Choi, T. Sohka, and M. Ostermeier. (2011) "In vitro recombination of non-homologous genes can result in gene fusions that confer a switching phenotype to cells." PLoS One, 6(11), e27302.
- "Structural model of the mAb 806-EGFR complex using computational docking followed by computational and experimental mutagenesis," A. Sivasubramanian, G. Chao, H.M. Pressler, K.D. Witrup, and J.J. Gray. Structure, vol. 14. 3 pp.401-414 (2006).
- "Vascular gene expression and phenotypic correlation during differentiation of human embryonic stem cells," Gerecht-Nir S, Dazard J-E, Golan-Mashiach M, Osenberg S, Botvinnik A, Amariglio N, Domany E, Rechavi G, Givol D and Itskovitz-Eldor J. Developmental Dynamics; 232:488-498 (2005).